We make a commitment to each and every cat or kitten that we pull from the shelters and your adoption fee helps us to provide that care. As an all-volunteer group, every penny goes directly back to the care of our rescues. Our vet bills range between $20,000 to $30,000 a year. It costs us anywhere between $100 and $150 just to get a cat or kitten ready for adoption, and that is only if they are never sick – which with shelter cats and kittens rarely happens. Our adoption fees do not begin to cover the cost of everything that we have done to get a cat or kitten ready to be adopted. Were you to do the same amount of vet care that we do, it would cost you much more. Adoption fees are a bargain!
All cats and kittens who are available for adoption have been tested, wormed, spayed or neutered, UTD on all age appropriate vaccinations and microchipped.
up to 6 months
Two for $225
6 months – 1 year
Two for $200
1 – 7 years
Two for $150
7 – 12 years
Two for $100
|$135 – $150|
In this case, money CAN buy you love!
What You Should Know about Adopting
- Adoption is a lifetime commitment. Be sure you can make that commitment. It is very traumatic for a cat to lose its home and come back to foster care. Don’t just think about now, think about the future.
- All our cats and kittens are pulled from rural high – kill shelters. We thoroughly vet each and every cat and kitten, but we can make no guarantees about the long term health of any of our rescues. Please be sure you can make the commitment to financially care for your new family member.
- All of our cats and kittens are tested for feline leukemia and FIV, they are wormed, treated for fleas, vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped. Each one is seen at least two times by two different vets, and we take the recommendations of our vets for any treatment. We do not believe that FIV positive cats have to be isolated from others. Based on all the latest research, there is no danger of transmission of this disease to other cats, and they will live a normal lifespan.
- We request that all potential adopters read our Adoption Policies & Guidelines before completing the application. The application is not a commitment, but allows us to start the process and communicate with you. We require at least 2 business days to process the application and contact you.
- We choose the best home for each cat or kitten. We base this on what we know about our foster kitties, and we look at each potential adopter’s situation. We try to make sure that our rescues will receive all the love and care they need and want throughout their lifetime, and we want their adoptive family to feel that their new family member is a perfect fit.
- We strongly believe that having a veterinarian is very important. We feel that the best chance for a cat or kitten to remain healthy is to have that annual vet visit. Having a relationship with a vet is one of the main things that we look for when making a decision about placement. Even totally indoor cats should get a yearly exam to help prevent any issues.
- We are an all-volunteer group. Since most of us have full time jobs, please be patient. Once you submit an application, please check your email daily.
Your adoption fee buys you a lifetime of love and affection.