Community Service Hours and Projects
If you (or your child) needs community service hours, then we can help. However, please be aware that working adoptathons and cleaning require training, and unless you have the time to complete the training, this may not work for you. To help you meet the requirements, you have a number of projects you can complete. If you choose to complete one of these projects, please send in the volunteer application with the appropriate information.
- Hold a supply drive using our Wish List as a guide.
- Create an angel tree at Christmas for the cats and kittens in foster care
- Be available to hand out flyers to promote events sponsored by the rescue
- Hold a car wash, a bake sale, a party, etc. to raise money for the rescued cats and kittens
- Volunteer to clean cages and scoop boxes with a parent (requires training)
- Choose and sponsor a cat by raising money, making a photo album, and promoting that cat through facebook, twitter, and any other way you can. Help find the perfect home!
- Host a movie night for animals. Invite friends and family to a movie night with an “admission fee” to be donated to Purr Partners
- Host a donation drive. Set up a collection box at school, a local community center, your parents office, etc. and collects the supplies we need most. You can find a detailed wishlist on our website.
- Donate part of your birthday! Instead of asking for gifts, ask for a monetary or a donation from our wishlist (in honor of the birthday girl or boy. At www.purrpartners.org, guests can make donations. Or create your own party at www.ECHOage.com, This sites lets you create a party invitation, send it out to guests. Guests make a donation — half goes to presents for your kid, half goes to our rescue.
- Earn some allowance… and give it to our critters! Set a monetary goal and work you’re your parents to do some odd jobs around the house. Once the goal has been accomplished, email email@example.com or call us to set up a time for you to bring it to us in person so that we can be ready with a big thank you!!! If you don’t live close enough to visit, you can send in your donation with a super sweet note, which we’ll post on our Facebook page.
- Start a chain email or a post on Facebook asking friends and family to donate money or supplies to this cool cause that you really believe in: animal rescue! Tell them why you care about animals, why you support Purr Partners Feline Rescue, and include a picture of a cat if you can. (We have plenty pictures if you’d like us to send you one or just look on the Adopt a Cat section of the website! Let your email recipients know that they can make a major impact by donating money or supplies, and that they can make donations to us with a few simple clicks. You might say something like, “HEY FRIENDS! YOUR DONATION SAVES LIVES! Click HERE to donate money for sick and injured animal veterinary care. And “like” this rescue on Facebook HERE — the more awareness we raise, the more lives we can save!” Then ASK YOUR RECIPIENTS TO FORWARD THE EMAIL to as many people as they know.
- Build a cat tree! Get help from your mom or dad, or if you are handy, look up some plans on the web and construct a one of a kind cat tree for rescued kitties!
- Foster a cat until adoption! It’s the best way to understand what rescue really means. All you need is a free bedroom or bathroom.
- Got another idea? Check with us and see if it’s something that works for us, but don’t forget…
Volunteering is not about doing what’s easy and just fun – it’s about helping and making a difference! And that’s always fun!