It is kitten season! And with kitten season comes an increased need for kitten powdered milk replacer, hand-feeding supplies, pet-safe heating pads and more for our tiniest bottle babies, kitten food and high calorie supplement gel for the older kittens, as well as some of our regular supply needs.
As you do more shopping on Amazon.com during this pandemic, please consider adding in an item from our Amazon wishlist by clicking on the logo above, or on the right side of every Purr Partners web page.
Our list has just been updated to reflect our current needs, and we sincerely appreciate all help you can provide for the most fragile of our little ones!
Right now is a scary time for everybody, and we understand the fear and uncertainty people are living with. We hope you are staying safe and finding ways to deal with this ongoing crisis in our world.
We are continuing to save cats and kittens and are managing to do adoptions in a safe manner that does not involve face-to-face interactions. We will be glad to work with you if you choose to adopt during this time.
We are very concerned that people are getting incorrect information about companion animals and COVID-19. Please check out our links below for information from reputable and trusted sources.
We encourage everyone to have a plan in place should you become sick or have to be quarantined for an extended period of time. Having two weeks worth of food and medication for your pets, making arrangements with your vet for possible boarding, and having a daily check in with a friend or neighbor who can step in should you become ill are all things to have in place.
Please stay safe and help us educate people about COVID-19 and companion animals! We are concerned that many could die from lack of information or unnecessary fear on the part of owners!
Cornell: Coronavirus Update
International Cat Care: COVID-19 Advice for Cat Owners
CNET: Coronavirus and Pets – How COVID-19 affects cats and dogs
**As of March 25th, we have removed all of our cats from PetSmarts in anticipation of further Stay-at-Home orders being issued. Please stay tuned to our home page as we figure everything out during these unprecedented times. When our operations at PetSmart do resume, we will proceed with the additional precautions listed below for as long as the COVID-19 virus remains a concern.**
In light of the current concerns of the COVID-19 virus, Purr Partners will be taking some added precautions
at our adoptathons scheduled for this weekend at the Wake Forest PetSmart and the Six Forks PetSmart. We will be there on our regular schedule (unless a change is necessitated) from 11:30am – 3:00pm both Saturday and Sunday.
If you are planning to come by and see our cats and kittens for adoption – and we hope you will – we ask several things of you:
- Please do not touch the cages, the windows of the inside cages, or attempt to pet the cats through the cages. Touch as little as possible in the adoption area!
- Only people who plan to adopt will be allowed to meet the cats or kittens in the inside rooms.
- Please use the available hand wipes before you enter the room to meet a cat or kitten and when you exit.
- If you, or a family member is ill or have traveled internationally to Europe or Asia in the last two weeks, please do not come. This is for your safety and the safety of our volunteers as well as other shoppers in PetSmart.
- Don’t be alarmed or offended when you see us constantly wiping down everything – cages, tables, doorknobs, etc. We are trying to do our part to keep everybody safe!
Thank you for supporting us and all the kitties we rescue! We can’t do it without you!